There is no way to avoid getting sick. Especially in the college environment where you may be up really late and be around other people who are sick all of the time. If you do get sick you may miss some really important things, such as class or events around campus that you must attend. It is a must that you have a connection in each of your classes that will write notes for you and give you any homework assignments or handouts that you missed. This way you will not fall too far behind if you happen to miss a class for sickness.
I avoid sickness as much as can by taking vitamins every morning, and getting as much sleep as possible. It is also important to watch what you eat. I believe that being healthy starts with a healthy diet. That is why every time I am at Conn hall I eat a salad before my meal. It is not much but it could have a huge effect on whether you get sick or not. The vitamins I take every morning are the normal Centrum everyday vitamins. This has a huge effect on how I feel every day. I can tell if I have not been taking them because I forget. I can feel my nose starting to get stuffed up, and my throat swells up. I advise everyone who is not taking an every day vitamin to start right away.
Also, if all lines of defense fail, and you do end up getting sick, you can visit the health center. It is located in Granoff Hall across from the Moore Field House on Wintergreen Avenue. During the school year they are open Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. They are even here during the summer if you ever get sick near campus. The times are the same as during the school year except Friday they get out at 4pm.

No comments:
Post a Comment